Schools engage our services to teach Mandarin Chinese according to the NSW Chinese K–10 Syllabus. We currently teach in-school curricular Chinese programs at St Brendan Catholic Primary School in Annadale, St Michael’s Catholic Primary School in Stanmore, Galilee Catholic Primary School in Bondi, St Columba’s in Leichhardt, St Michael’s Catholic Primary School in Belfield, and St Aloysius’ College in Milsons Point.
A significant number of NSW primary schools have a language program, with Mandarin Chinese being a priority language for Australian students:
- 30%-40% of NSW primary schools have a curricular language program.
- Chinese is the most commonly taught language in NSW primary schools.
- Chinese is the third most popular language subject for HSC across all NSW high schools.
- Chinese (Mandarin) is the world’s most spoken language.
- China is Australia’s largest trading partner.
Challenges for a school to implement and maintain a Chinese program:
- Difficulty in recruiting and retaining a qualified Chinese teacher on a p/t basis;
- Lack of support structure for the language program and the teacher;
- Competing priorities with other KLAs and limited instructional hours.
Benefits of engaging the services of ChiFUNese to run a curricular Chinese program:
- A high quality Chinese language program with extensive teaching
resources, best practices and on-going training, development and support for
our professional Chinese teachers;
- Relief from face to face (RFF) teaching for teachers at the school;
- A stable program where teachers are committed long-term;
- Ideal program schedule to suit school’s timetable. E.g. 2 teachers to teach
on the same day.
- Attract more enrolments to the school and increase enrolment revenue by $20,000+ on average per year.
- Cost savings to the school community of $200,000 on average per year including savings for parents compared to paying for an extra-curricular program and the school for delivering an equivalent program in-house.
Please contact ChiFUNese Director Jenny Shen now on (02) 8006 8606 or
email@example.com to add value to your school with a top-tier Mandarin Chinese program. Thank you.